Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Works For Me - Tooth Fairy



When my daughter lost her tooth due to a freak accident involving flipping over her bed at the tender age of two, we had not worked out a tooth fairy plan. I think my husband gave her a quarter...what did she know. She was two.

I have heard a huge range of monetary gifts from the infamous fairy and I am not inclined to be at the higher end (or maybe even mid-range) so I wanted to do something different.

I know the idea comes from somewhere else, and I have no idea where. The tooth fairy, is going to give my girls gems. My girls love sparkly things. I wanted something special they could save. For about 20 dollars on eBay I got this HUGE assortment of real stones. They are rubies, sapphires, amethyst, and most others that I don't know. They are not perfect (hence their price) but I couldn't tell. I'm going to give her a few stones for each tooth and will have a fancy bag for her to put them all in.

It works for me! Check out more Works For Me Wednesday ideas at We Are That Family.


Here is a better picture of what I was able to get...I like the top one better but you really can't tell what they are.

11 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea. I may just have to try that with Jamison, she loves jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet idea! And...I love your blog title! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative, fun idea! My son would probably love this too; he's always searching form more treasure for his castle and loot for his pirates! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea.

    We have the house fairy visit in our house to check for tidy bedrooms - she leaves sparkly confetti to show she has been, and sometimes a small pocket money toy for tidy rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea... we still have not put any teeth under the pillow, even though my kids are 7 and 10, because some meanie at school said that the tooth fairy will leave something but also take a toe... so, we still haev all our baby teeth in a bag in my jewlery box....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fantastic idea! I had never thought of that, but I I have boys, so it might not go over as well...
    Your daughters will love it though. Just don't forget..it scars them forever, trust me. Elijah still talks about the time the tooth fairy forgot him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many things are way more important to kids than money. I used to leave the tooth fairy letters and she would leave me letters in return. I was always puzzled as to who wrote them, since they didn't match the handwriting of anyone in my family. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was my mom writing with her other hand. I was old enough to be impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one of the coolest ideas I have ever seen. Very creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds very fun! My son actually lost a tooth this evening and it is waiting in its envelope to be replaced with 50 cents. We rather "cheap" too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a super cool idea!!! I am definitly all over this! Any suggestions for boys? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea! It is so fabulous!!! I may just have to try this with my two girls... now what if my next child is a boy??? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete