Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tempt My Tummy - Balsamic-Rosemary Vinaigrette

I recently found this in a magazine (don't ask which, I'm not sure) and am very impressed. I love balsamic vinaigrettes but many don't make the cut. They must be pretty tangy for my taste. This one is plus gives a nice rosemary flavor to top it off. It is also very easy to make AND I have a huge rosemary plant that I hardly ever use. So I just adore this one.


Balsamic-Rosemary Vinaigrette


In a blender combine the following:


1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 small garlic clove
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


Blend until smooth. With machine running, add 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil in a thin stream; blend until creamy. Stores up to 2 weeks. Makes 3/4 cup.


Visit Blessed with Grace for more Tempt My Tummy recipes!

12 comments:

  1. THat sounds great! And that reminds me that I need to water my rosemary plant! Off to do that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I think it would make a great marinate for chicken as well. Gonna bookmark it, THANKS!

    Amy ~ The Salty Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - I'm always on the lookout for yummy dressings and/or marinades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay with all these recipes you really do tempt me to just invite myself to dinner one night lol... i thought of you last night b/c i was working out with my friend @ the Y & she was watching the Food Network... lol

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm, I love fresh rosemary. I posted a salad dressing recipe this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never made my own dressing....I can't wait. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo, that sounds pretty good. I love the idea of the rosemary in the vinaigrette. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good recipe.Thanks for participating, this week, in TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds delicious, I just subscribed so I never miss another yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete