Wednesday, March 17, 2010

FNCCC - Week 27 - Nigella Lawson



This week's chef in the Food Network Chefs Cooking Challenge is Nigella Lawson and, if you were like me, it was very hard time picking just one recipe (OK, two, I needed to try her Cherry Cheesecake too!) . I settled on the Chocohotopots. This is definitely going into my dessert file. They are heavenly and, with a prep time of less than 5 minutes, they can't be beat. I didn't stray from the recipe one little bit. They are very rich, very chocolaty and a lot of fun. Cake with hot fudge sauce built right in. Try them. You will not be sorry you did!



Chocohotopots
Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson


Ingredients
1 stick plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, with 60 percent cocoa solids
2 eggs
3/4 cup superfine sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Special equipment: 4 (2/3 to 1-cup capacity) ramekins


Directions
Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.


Butter the ramekins with 1 tablespoon butter.


Either in a microwave or in a bowl suspended over a pan over simmering water, melt the dark chocolate and 1 stick butter, then set aside to cool a little.


In another bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar and flour with a hand whisk and beat in the cooled butter and chocolate mixture. Divide the mixture between the 4 buttered ramekins. Bake for about 20 minutes, by which time the tops will be cooked and cracked and the chocolate gooey underneath.


Place each ramekin on a small plate with a teaspoon and serve. Make sure to warn people that these desserts will be HOT! (if you are like me, this will not deter you from immediately diving right in :)



The Cherry Cheesecake was outstanding for a no bake cheesecake! The only change I made was to make individual ramekins instead of one big one. I had to try it because Tomoko, the Japanese student that is staying with us, says cheesecake is her favorite. We loved it. She loved it. I will be making this simple and yummy dish again!


So what did you cook this week? Did you hit the jackpot like I did? TWO fabulous desserts that are so easy to whip up!!! Link your post to MckLinky below. Enjoy your week!





10 comments:

  1. That chocolate dessert looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! Those hot pots have been a real hit with IHCC participants too. Great desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look really yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost tried that chocolately goodness too -- but it reminded me of my other favorite -- PW Baked Fudge!

    The cheesecake is going on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, my mouth is drooling just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that oozing chocolate in the chocohotopots! You picked two great desserts:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love chocolate and this looks scrumptious! Nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so inviting, the chocohotpots look like a hot tub for your soul! I really have to try these.

    ReplyDelete