Thursday, March 25, 2010

FNCCC Assignment #29 - Paula Deen


Next week's FNCCC is Paula Deen!
"Start with one part Southern charm, add a dash of "hey y'all" and pour in a bountiful dose of cooking expertise, and you have the recipe for Paula Deen , host of three popular Food Network shows, including Paula's Home Cooking. Paula Deen is a self-made success story who learned the secrets of Southern cooking from her Grandmother some 30 years ago. She had no idea at the time that the love for Southern cooking her grandmother instilled in her would lead to a life-long career."
I know she gets a bad rap for her high fat and high sugar recipes but I just love her. She has a great story to tell as well. Food is meant to be enjoyed, and it's hard not to enjoy her food. Everything in moderation and we'll all be fine. Don't be afraid of the butter!
We'll post her recipes on Wednesday, March 31, 2010. Can't wait to see what other Paula recipes I can find that are fabulous!

4 comments:

  1. She's one of my favorites too! A little butter and bacon grease never hurt anybody...too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to search her recipes again. I was having a hard time finding a recipe before. But, I think that's more because I was sleepy. Now to look again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her recipes; maybe next week I will be able to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her. I hope she does not get hit with a ham for Easter..

    ReplyDelete