Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Fragments - just a few to wrap up the week

Picture this.....our two black labs running full speed at Lexi and Lexi screaming "Red light! Red light!" Sure, we taught them to sit, stay, roll over, and Red light! Poor girl had no idea why they didn't stop.

Our dogs are very particular. They have run away a few times (they did not like it that I was pregnant this last time) but when the gate is completely open they won't go near it. I think the lack of boundaries scares them. Every time someone went by on the golf course this morning the one dog moved behind the fence to bark at them.

I love lists....and I love recipes...so I was excited to get Recipezaar's top 100 recipes of 2008 email yesterday. Check it out HERE. I also received the email announcing the 2010 Pillsbury Bake-Off.....Oh, to dream :)

I love the interpretations little ones make of song lyrics. I always thought it was "Hold me closer Tony Danza" by Elton John (maybe fitting?) and "Little Two Scoop" by the Beach Boys. I'll let you think about the real lyrics.....
Anyway. Lexi's version of Jingle Bells includes " Oh what fun, Mr. Ron (our neighbor), in a *mumble ~ mumble* sleigh" instead of "O what fun it is to ride In a one-horse open sleigh". I don't want to ask what the mumbling is because I'm afraid she'll learn the real lyrics.

Do you think it really could be??

More Friday Fragments at Half-Past Kissin'Time. Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Little two scoop?! That's hilarious. Definitely my favorite fragment so far this week! :) You know that song that goes, "I believe in miracles! Where ya from, you sexy thing?" Well, I always thought it was "Wear your bra, you sexy thing!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I have to fess up...I thought it was Little Two Scoop, too. I also thought the song said "Going to the jackolantern, gonna get married" instead of "Going to the chapel...". LOL not sure why I thought jackolantern made sense.

    Oh, and Tony Danza is ironically fitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I love the Tony Danza/ Elton John combo.We should totally hook them up! Do you think Angela would mind?
    I think that my favorite mix up from childhood was Michael Jackson's famous, "Billy Jean has got my glove, UH". You can see why my parents woudln't correct that- and how it was totally possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I would LOVE for you to be in the Pillsbury Bake Off! How much fun would that be?

    I can't wait to see the top 100 recipes of 2008. A good recipe makes me weepy with delight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. elton. john. that makes me happy that he is on your blog. let's just say lots of good memories freshman year at UMN. it involved Wolves hockey, pizza, elton, ridiculous dancing, and a mullet named carlos... yeah don't ask... it's better that way...

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete