Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kids in the Kitchen - Instant Oatmeal Muffins





I cannot move my pictures around like I used to in Blogger....any ideas? These are kind of out of order.
My kids go through periods that they will eat something for breakfast for a month and then not again for a few. Last winter was that way with instant oatmeal. They love the peach or strawberry. This was perfect to use up those last few packets. These were a little sweet so I'd tweak next time. Mimi loves to stir...and lick the spoon :)Instant Oatmeal muffins

1 cup Self Rising Flour (add some wheat flour)
3/4 sugar (use a little less)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1 stick butter (melted)
3 packets instant oatmeal (we used peaches and cream!)
boiling water

In one bowl mix the flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl gently whisk the egg and then add in the melted butter. Stir that together. In the third bowl add enough boiling water to the 3 packets of instant oatmeal that it is a thick consistency of oatmeal. Once the oatmeal is mixed well add it to the wet ingredients and stir them until blended. Then add the wet to the dry and mix them well. The batter will be thick.Grease a muffin pan and add the batter. Cook 15-18 minutes on 350. (mine didn't take quite as long) This will make 1 dozen regular sized muffins.

Go over to A Little Fun With Me and Lu to check out more Kids in the Kitchen posts!

1 comment:

  1. I know this sounds crazy but I open another post and put all of my pictures in that. Then I bring them over to my new post. Then I can put them in the order I want. I know a mess but that is what I do. Those muffins look great.

    ReplyDelete