Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Perfect Timing

On Friday I thought I got food poisoning. It came on suddenly but with an unmatched fury. Let's say that my body knows how to clean itself out very proficiently. My entire body ached. I wanted to sleep it all away. With 3 kids. Right. Mark had a game so my in-laws even came for a few hours to watch the baby on Friday night so I could sleep. That wasn't the worst of it. For the first night ever the baby woke up in the middle of the night and would not go back to sleep. Daddy was willing to put her back to sleep but she wanted Mommy AND she had no intention of going back to sleep. Then our middle child...who was sleeping with her sister - on the top bunk....threw up everywhere. Let's say these situations are not my husband's strong suit. So with a fever, an awake crying baby, a sick child, and what was the 24 hour flu, I had a miserable night. Saturday I felt a little better but just sore all over. Besides Bigs, who was gladly outside playing with friends, and Little Bit who was working on her crawling and exploring skills, we were a sad looking bunch. Me trying to get over sickness, Mimi miserable (I think her flu was the 48 hour variety) and Mark trying to catch up on sleep.



Then it came. The perfect package of relief. A few weeks ago Angela at Angel Eyes Adventures had a bubble contest in which we won 2nd place :) She had sent the most wonderful package of goodies (bubbles, bubble guns, wands, sidewalk chalk, paper pad, reusable bag, movie - 50 First Dates, which I haven't seen yet!, and a gift card). Wow! Her note mentioned that because her kids had been sick she hadn't gotten it out as soon as she would have liked. Little did she know that package made a huge difference for us that day. We actually went out and got some much needed fresh air and smiles. Just plain perfect.



Thank you Angela! You were our angel that day! I wish I would have gotten pictures of the girls playing bubbles but I used the little energy I had to tote around the baby. Apparently, she did not get the memo on sick day etiquette.

7 comments:

  1. Oh man! What a suck-fest. I hope everyone is feeling better, and I'm glad that your Angel's care package was perfectly timed! It's the little miracles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you are so welcome! Thank you for entering and being patient with the prize delivery! I hope you all are feeling better. I hope you like the movie ~ light hearted, sweet and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool package! Makes everything better, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! I'm glad your feeling better now...and especially glad your package had perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice. I love a cute package and that one sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. boy sounds rough, sarah! glad it was only a 24 hour bug. what a great gift you got!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That does not sound fun at all. We just went through the 24-hour bug here at our house, too. It's the first time in a long time that my daughter has thrown up. I can feel your pain! I'm so glad you got such a fun package in the mail to cheer you all up! I also hope that you're all on the mend and back to feeling good again!

    ReplyDelete