Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Go-To Meals


Tonya at Small Town Louisiana Girl has a Penny Pinching Parade every Tuesday. My frugal tip is to have a couple of cheap and easy meals that can be made in a pinch. We don't eat out often but we are tempted on days that I dropped the ball and didn't plan ahead. We easily spend $30 or more on a meal out.....where I spend less than $10 on almost every meal I make. For occasions such as these you should have a back up. I have two that I can think of that are thrown together easily and I usually have the items on hand.



Rice - $1.50

Sausage - $2.50

Onion soup mix - .50

Bag of frozen peas - $1.00

Complete meal for 4 - $5.50



12 eggs - $1.30

Milk - .75

Flour - pennies

Bread - .75

Can't say it's a complete meal (no veggies) but only $2.80 for the main dish


I'm sure I have several others but the key is to REMEMBER them when the time comes. Go over to Penny Pinching Parade to see more frugal tips!



4 comments:

  1. Love the idea! Sound Yummy to! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to "dropping the ball" for dinner and being tempted to call my husband to pick something up on the way home. Having "go to" meals is a great idea! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing!! Those are some great fast cheap recipes.

    ReplyDelete