Monday, December 22, 2008

Cookie Dough Truffles



For Tempt My Tummy Tuesday I wanted to share these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles from Taste of Home's web site. They are worth their weight in gold. I made them because I had a half can of sweetened condensed milk that had to be used. I should have made the whole recipe. I took them to a Christmas party and they were devoured. These will make appearances many time this year!
Go over to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday to check out some more goodies!! You will be glad you did~




Cookie Dough Truffles

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I didn't use nuts)
1-1/2 pounds semisweet candy coating, chopped

Directions: In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.

11 comments:

  1. I think I just gained 5 lbs reading the recipe! Ha! Ha! That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful. My husband LOVES cookie dough. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look beautiful!!!!!!
    Merry Christmas and Happy TMTT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at cookie dough! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound sinfully delicious. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming by. Not sure where you are in FL but I am planning a meet & greet at the end of January. So, stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh this sounds DELISH. I may have to make this just because it looks so darn good. mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yowza these look beautiful and sound delicious!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow...
    :::drooling:::

    These sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look SOOO good! I've seen a couple of versions of this, and I am trying to decide which to make. Look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete