THE 99 THINGS
I saw this over at Comfort Joy Designs then at a few other blogs. I'm always a sucker for these types if things :)
Things I’ve already done: bold
Things I want to do: italicize
Things I haven’t done and don’t want to - plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars – I’ve camped a lot.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world - both.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo – every time I get into the car :) .
11. Bungee jumped – went on a bungee swing a few weekends back with my daughter – it was scary.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – cake decorating - I think it's an art!
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables – have a huge tomato crop right now, carrots, radishes, and peas ready soon.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train – we went to visit my grandparents in MT (from MN) a few times for Christmas – it was beautiful and snowy.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked - no way!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort – walking home from school with my friend Andrea used to take hours in 1st and 2nd grade because we would stop to make snow forts along the way (in other peoples yards).
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon – very hard but well worth it.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse – lunar eclipse while I was running one morning – very cool.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - both.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language - I could use Spanish, would love to relearn Russian.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted (only if it was by one of my children – otherwise wouldn’t care to have it done).
48. Gone deep sea fishing – in the British Virgin Islands.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - in the keys and BVI.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud – mud wrestling and mud volleyball in college.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – saw ET sitting on the top of our vibrant green suburban.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class – Krav Maga – loved to grapple, who would have thought?
59. Visited Russia – when the USSR was breaking up in 1991/1992.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood - also a lot of plasma while in college.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar – yuck, too salty.
72. Pieced a quilt – started, never finished.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book - I guess Snapfish doesn't count :).
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – once in grade school playing softball, the other while watching an Elvis impersonator….long, funny story.
85. Read the entire Bible – almost all, few in OT I haven't gotten through.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – I did bow hunt for one season – didn’t shoot anything - never saw a deer - so I'm not sure if I would even had tried.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby - three.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone – I sometimes wish they were not invented.
99. Been stung by a bee – ouch!
So what about you??