Saturday, July 16, 2011

Repurposed Sweater Pencil Bag


The Repurposed Sweater Pencil Bag


I saved this baby sweater because I loved the colors and figured I would find something to make with it. Bigs needed a pencil bag for next fall and she chose this from the fabric scraps presented to her. It's a little longer than a normal pencil bag because I didn't want to have to restitch the side seam. I cut the bottom off the sweater, stitched the cut side together, did the little wrap around stitch so the sweater won't come undone, then sewed the zipper in.  It turned out cute and I still have plenty of sweater left :)




3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! Great job! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I've been sewing too, made 4 dresses for haylei. You might be able to make leg earners out of some of the scraps. I did that with a sweater from goodwill last year. They turned out pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete