You have been seeing it all over other blogs (or maybe that was just me) but have you tried it yet?? I made yogurt in my crock pot this week and it was the easiest thing ever! Granted, it took many hours but it only took about 5 minutes of work. Talk about amazing your kids....it's like magic.
1. Pour 1/2 gallon of milk in crock pot (I used whole milk) and turn to LOW.
2. Wait 2 hours and 45 minutes.
3. Turn off.
4. Wait 3 hours.
5. Take a little bit of milk out of crock pot, mix with 6 ounces of store bought yogurt (with live cultures, which is pretty much all yogurt), put it back in the crock pot. Whisk it all together.
6. Wrap crock pot in a towel and put it in the oven (the oven is OFF!!!)
7. Wait 9 to 12 hours.
8. Hold breath.
9. You have yogurt!! Add fruit, vanilla, whatever.
10. You are supposed to let it refrigerate for 8 hours but I had to try it right away. Wow! I made yogurt :)
If your family goes through a lot of yogurt this is certainly kid friendly! When you are putting it away hold about a cup of it for your next batch so you don't have to buy any more. I guess it keeps getting better with every batch you make. Can't wait to see for myself. Can't wait to make frozen yogurt with it :)
What kid friendly idea have you come up with this week?? Link to Mr. Linky below!
Enjoy your weekend!
Enter my giveaway for $50 from Cookware.com!