Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chunky Block Nativity Set

Here is an inexpensive gift for a child in your life.  Takes a little bit of elbow grease but is well worth the effort.  I can see these in my classroom and in my home for many years to come.


Nativity set made from a 4x6 scrap and old paint we had in the garage.   I cut, sanded, painted, sanded again (for the aged look), and then Mod Podged the graphic to the front of each block.


Mary, Joseph, Jesus (sprayed this block with gold before sanding the second time), the angel and star.


Caesar Augustus, Innkeeper, Wise Men and camel.


Shepherd man and boy, sheep, donkey and cow. 

I love how it's a very complete set.

I got the graphics from Prepared Not Scared.   They worked well and her script of the nativity play will go great while telling the story initially to my kids.  I'll laminate it as well so the kids can use it when they are playing with the set. 

I Can Teach My Child

1 comment:

  1. these are great!! How much do you want for this set? :) (I'm kind of serious!)

    ReplyDelete