Sunday, June 12, 2011

Taco Pita Pizza

Did you see the Taco Pizza recipe on The Pioneer Woman last week? I couldn't get it out of my head and knew I couldn't get the entire family to eat it. SO, in comes the pita pizza, which is always my personal size pizza fallback. I used a whole wheat fluffy pocketless pita, but a regluar pita sliced in half would work just as well. This was amazing. I made one for breakfast the following day as well. Who says taco pizza can't be for breakfast?

Taco Pita Pizza for One

1 pita, sliced in half or a pocketless pita
black beans, seasoned (mine were already seasoned but if yours are not, use chili powder, cumin, garlic, etc. until they taste good to you)
cheddar cheese, shredded
lettuces, finely chopped
tomato, finely chopped
creamy sauce (I used a mixture of ricotta, sour cream, and taco seasoning)
olives? jalepenos? salsa? cilantro? All options!

Top the pita with black beans (you can mash them first or leave them whole) and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted. Top with whatever taco toppings you like! Eat! Enjoy!

This post has also been linked to:
Mouthwatering Monday at Southern Fairytale
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
Hearth and Soul at A Moderate Life
Recipe Swap at Prairie Story
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a yummy recipe. I hadn't thought of using pitas but that is a great idea. I'd love for you to come by and show off your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a blessed day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete