Sunday, April 24, 2011

Carmelized Onion Pita Pizza



I made caramelized onions in my crock pot last week and they are so easy and yummy. I have heard caramelized onions are great on pizza so I tried them on my pita pizza. THEY are right! SO good and less than 3 minutes prep time. Seriously. Cut a pita in half (to make a full circle but with half the pita). Spread a little pizza sauce, cheese, spices, and caramelized onions. Put under the broiler in the oven and bake until your cheese is a little melty and golden. Enjoy!


To make the caramelized onions, slice 4 or 5 big onions into your crock pot. Add a stick of butter and cook on low for 12 or so hours until they are golden brown. Save for all the little things that would be so much better with caramelized onions (which is a lot of things, if you think about it).

This post has also been linked to:
Mouthwatering Monday at Southern Fairytale
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
Hearth and Soul at A Moderate Life
Recipe Swap at Prairie Story
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Yum, i bet this is so good! I love carmelized onions and I bet on the pita pizza they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    We have all these wonderful onions in our garden just waiting for this recipe. They are going to be delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete