Monday, October 17, 2011

Sugarless Apple Butter Yogurt - TO DIE FOR


OK, so let me tell you that if you are not making your own yogurt you must.  Why not?  It is so incredibly easy to do in a crock pot and it's SO GOOD.   Here is my tutorial, now go do it.  (Then come back and do the apple butter).  I cannot believe how much sugar is even in the "good for you" yogurt, and let's not even talk about the ones with artificial sweetener.  Homemade yogurt is amazing and paired with this Crock Pot-No Sugar Added-Apple Butter it is TO DIE FOR.  Make your yogurt with skim milk, and the whole thing is fat free.  I make mine with 2%...I like a little fat :)


The hardest part of the apple butter is reducing down the apple cider.  For this, you put 6 cups of no sugar added apple cider in a saucepan and slow boil it until it's about 3 cups.  Can you handle that? Then chop the apples (no need to peel!), add some spices and the reduced cider and let your crock pot do all the work.

 

When you get this beautiful brown mess (and your house smells of cinnamon apples) you put it in the blender to puree.
 


That's it.  Honestly.  Get that crock pot out and make the yogurt.  The next day make the apple butter.  The next day email me and tell me how much you love it.  Just trying to make the world smile a little more, one simple recipe at a time :)

 

2 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower and in awe with all of your talents!!

    Moore or Less Cooking

    ReplyDelete