Wednesday, February 3, 2010

FNCCC # 21 - Ingrid Hoffmann







Hello Everyone! Welcome to Food Network Chefs Cooking Challenge. HERE is the list of upcoming chefs, if you would like to play along. Jump in at any time.




Still no computer...so still not blogging, except for FNCCC (sigh)...hopefully soon.


There were several recipes that I wanted to try but just didn't get around to them. I did make the grilled pineapple but I didn't make the topping and the pineapple were not very pretty so I am not including it here. It was tasty and everyone in the family ate it. I'm finding that everything can be grilled.



I had all of the ingredients on hand for this slaw. It was easy to make and very tasty. I'm not a huge fan of mayonnaise salads but liked the southwest flavor of this one. I completely forgot the raisins before serving. I'll make this again.



Broccoli and Celery Slaw
Recipe courtesy Ingrid Hoffmann, 2008

Ingredients
1 medium head broccoli, stalks thinly sliced and florets chopped
4 celery stalks, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 lime, zested and juiced (used a cube of lime juice from the freezer - next year I need to add zest to some of the cubes I freeze)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons sugar (I didn't add sugar)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup golden raisins
Directions
Combine the broccoli, celery, and red onion in a large mixing bowl.
To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, zest, cumin, chili powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir to combine. Cover and allow the slaw to sit for at least 30 minutes, tossing every so often to combine well. Top with raisins before serving.



I can't wait to see what you are cooking! Link your post to MckLinky below. There are several added links to past weeks if you care to go back. You have to go back to Guy Fieri's week and check out the ham on Rebekah's Le Hog Pizza. Too cool! Tomorrow I'll post a little about next week's featured chef, Jamie Oliver.




6 comments:

  1. Sounds really tasty! I love a good slaw.
    Hope your computer woes are over soon.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grilled pineapple -- but I didn't think I could make that one this week since I already knew we liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! Our meal was OK but not a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good! :-)It would have been yummy with the Fritas that I made. :-) Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete