Monday, April 2, 2012

Gardening!


The one hobby that I have gotten rid of because of the the added work days this year is gardening.  I love to garden but there just isn't enough time in the day.  There was a huge sale on plants and soil so I finally gave in.  I spend a good deal of my weekend preparing the bed and then connecting a drip irrigation system that I purchased a few years ago but had never installed.   


Here is my blueberry bush that the girls have named Blue Baby.  I also planted watermelon (worth a shot), orange peppers and several varieties of tomatoes.   I have three larger beds on the other side of the house but I know I won't have time for that much.  I'm keeping it simple.


You can kind of see the irrigation system.  It works so well!  While I was at it I dug around, laid weed fabric, and mulched my three citrus trees.  They are finally producing fruit (because I finally fertilized and watered them).  Let's hope it doesn't get too hot too soon and fry all my plants!  I also hope that the squirrels stay away long enough for us to get some of the harvest.  They are my main garden pest.

Any garden aspirations this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment