Tuesday, October 4, 2011

How to Make an Oreo Cake

The birthday boy requested an Oreo soccer cake and this is what I came up with.
It's not much of a tutorial because it's so easy :)


The Oreos are all anchored with buttercream. 


I didn't mind if the buttercream was sloppy for this one because it was a soccer field and I was going to have grass coming out of all the seems anyways.  If you wanted a cleaner edge presentation, don't use as much buttercream.  Simply a dab on the bottom of each will hold it in place. 


Spread the top with a layer of buttercream.  I wanted to be able to see the Oreo layer so I didn't go all the way to the edge.


I added the soccer field lines as well as "grass" to the sides using the Wilton grass tip.


The players were purchased from a cake supply store.


The Oreos were slightly softened by the buttercream so we could cut into it like a slice of cake.  The presentation made for a very pretty slice of cake! 

2 comments: