Saturday, October 1, 2011

#boxtops Traveling Trophy


As Box Tops Coordinator I often have a hard time coming up with incentives for Box Tops collection.  We have done pizza parties, gift bags, parent gift cards, etc.  I also got several good ideas at National Box Tops University.  I don't think that prizes are necessary but they sure are fun and foster a little constructive competition. 

Here is my new idea, the traveling Box Tops Cookie Jar Trophy.  The class with the highest collection total for a certain period of time (I may start to do it monthly) will win the trophy, along with it's cookie contents.  The class will keep the trophy in their classroom until the next winner is awarded.  It's simple.  I like to bake cookies. And hopefully the kids will get into it. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm sending this to our school Box Top coordinator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this idea.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, but we can't have homemade goodies at our school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. could you send me info on how you made it and got label on it etc.. eatmywords40@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would love the label and how you attached it to the cookie jar. I would have to put store bought cookies-no home made it allowed at school but what an awesome idea. Thanks
    purplelady913@yaoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the sticker from General Mills, they may still have them in their Internet store. There is a Box Tops section (last time I looked). You could even print out a logo from the Box Tops website and Mod Podge it on to the cookie jar. I bought the trophy top from a trophy store for under a dollar and then used super adhesive to attach. I am sure the kids would like store bought cookies just the same :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. where did you find the cookie jar, it looks like it is plastic an that would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a ceramic cookie jar but stays in a classroom for a month at a time so no worries there. I bought it but cannot remember where. I also label the winning classes on it so everyone can see who has won in the past.

    ReplyDelete