Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Do You Have a Moment?



Hannah, my very dear friend and very cool high school chick, who I went on a mission trip to Ukraine last summer, is now on her way back. She boarded the plane this morning and will be going back to the same Ukrainian orphanage that we were at in Volkovinski. I am so excited that she is going to see our kids! She is traveling alone (until she she gets taken to Music Mission Kiev and then to the orphanage, which she will be united with Hope For Orphans staff) so pray for a safe trip and for her mother (!!!), peace and faith that everything will go smoothly. Hannah and Michelle are actually moving to Ukraine this summer. After our trip, they really felt a tug on their hearts to start a half-way house for orphans that age out of the system (at the tender age of 16). Talk about being LED! Go check out their web site - Faraway Place!


Here are some of our kids!

They chose the name "Faraway Place", because God presented them with a Bible verse, Isaiah 43:5-6 "So don't be afraid: I'm with you. I'll round up all your scattered children, pull them in from east and west. I'll send orders north and south: 'Send them back. Return my sons from distant lands, my daughters from faraway places.'"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, def talk about being led! That is so amazing! Will def say a prayer or two for them :)

    ReplyDelete