Wednesday, May 12, 2010

FNCCC Week 35 - Tyler Florence



While Tyler Florence has all sorts of complicated dishes that I would love to try, I made a simple Garlic Bread instead. My daughters had watched an episode of Down Home with the Neely's (this is sometimes how they get me to agree that they can watch TV - they watch Food Network) in which they make a great looking garlic cheese bread. They immediately wanted me to make it.


I just happen to come across this Tyler Florence recipe that is exactly the same (with different amounts and minus the cheese). I turned out perfectly. It was just us girls so we had garlic bread, watermelon, and fresh veggies for dinner. It was an excellent meal. Using tons of fresh herbs on this bread makes it outstanding. Try it with whatever herbs you have growing! It's hard not to devour the entire loaf :)


Herbed Garlic Bread
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence

Ingredients
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), at room temperature
2 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste with a pinch of salt and extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 loaf crusty baguette
Extra-virgin olive oil

(I also added Parmesan to the butter and mozzarella to the top)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For the bread, stir together the butter, mashed garlic, and herbs in a small
bowl and season with salt and pepper. Tear open the loaf of bread
lengthwise, spread the herb-garlic mixture over both halves and sprinkle with a little olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes.



I just doesn't get any better than this! What did you find? Can't wait to see what you are cooking! Link with MckLinky below. Next week is our last week of FNCCC with chef Warren Brown. This year has flown by!

5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!!

    What are you going to do next week? I thought Tyler was last? And what are you going to do when it's over? I loved this carnival:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... yum! that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I loooove garlic bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum 1 stick butter, now that is my kind of garlic bread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummy! Last time I did bread like that I forgot to set the timer, and ended up with some charcoal.

    ReplyDelete