Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Projects

I didn't do any Christmas baking this year for our family as I had a few orders for goodies from friends.  For teacher gifts we put together hot chocolate buffet boxes with hot cocoa,  chocolate covered mint spoons, candy cane stir sticks, marshmallows, and flavored creamers.  These turned out so cute.  I can't wait to have a hot cocoa bar set out on Christmas morning as well.  Never thought of that before but saw it on Pintrest which got my idea rolling.  Below are the individual hot cocoa jars we gave to specials teachers and support staff.  They came together quickly.

 

Emma's class is having a multicultural holiday party today and they were encouraged to bring in something from their background.  Mark's dad is Peruvian so we did a search and found that Alfajores de Dulce de Leche (Caramel Sandwich Cookies) were the most popular Peruvian cookie.  The recipe I used called for lots of rum and I obviously left that out.  This is the most corn starch I have ever used in one recipe and the cookies came out really flaky.  Nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment