Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Randomness


I needed to line some baskets for my classroom so I used a pair of old pajama bottoms for the fabric.  I didn't use a patterns but kept putting things together until they were how I wanted them.  I love experimental sewing when it goes right.  It's good for the soul.


Emma found a butterfly that wouldn't let go of her.  It climbed up her arm and into her hair.  There was some squealing involved.   It had some wing damage so we don't think it is going to make it.  She put it into one of our potted herbs where it stayed for a long while.  When we came out several hours later it wasn't there.  Maybe it flew away (or maybe it was a bird's dinner.....circle of life, right?) 


Here's the special treat I gave my students on the first day of school.  I just love the square marshmallows.  They are so s'more friendly, how could you not love them?


Here is Scarlett with a picture she drew of her and her sisters (and their hermit crab, Hazel).  So cute!
The new washable dry erase markers are a mom's best friend. 

Anyone try the dry erase crayons yet?  I'm a bit skeptical.

2 comments:

  1. Cute ideas! I love the S'more idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the s'mores treats!! And I have not seen those s'more friendly marshmallows! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete