Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sunday School Review and Display

We have not been great at reinforcing the stories/lessons that the girls are learning at Sunday School.  Once we get home from church, I never know what to do with all the stuff they made or the handouts they got.  After we are out of the car we rarely talk about what they learned.  I felt convicted when a friend and I were talking about how we let the church teach our child the bible, but don't take matters into our own hands.  This isn't right.

I have been trying to figure out how to display it (in sight, in mind) without having any wall space left.   Here is my solution. 

I got the chalk board circles at Michael's and the magnet clips at Staples.  I can write the bible verse and reflection questions or  related challenges.  I like it because it's flexible and is highly visible (on the door to the garage).  The girls gave it two thumbs up!   It has already reminded me of the teachable moments I can use to reinforce the stories that they are learning with examples in our lives.  Works for me!

Find more Works For Me Wednesday ideas at We are THAT family.

3 comments:

  1. Cute idea, I've been working on similar ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great idea! We don't have Sunday school, but we do have Family Worship and I think this is a perfect idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do the same thing with by hanging it on the door to the garage! I didn't think about the chalkboard circles though. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete