Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kids in the Kitchen - Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies


I found this recipe in an AllYou magazine many months ago and finally got around to making it. I wish I had tried it sooner as it will be a great breakfast for the girls. Lots of protein and whole grains. We modified it a bit. It is GOOD!

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie


1 cup milk
1/2 cup ice
1 banana (frozen works best)
2 Tbs peanut butter
1 packet instant oatmeal (I thought I had banana but it ended up that all we had was blueberries and cream. It was yummy anyways....peanut butter, banana, and blueberries. Who would have thought?)
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Pretty easy, even for Kids in the kitchen!

Go over to A Little Fun With Me and Lu to check out more Kids in the Kitchen posts!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. My kids love smoothies too and we have them regularly for breakfast. So healthy! We just toss in frozen fruit (strawberries, peaches, mixed fruit, blackberries or whatever we want) 1cup plain or vanilla yogurt, 1cup orange juice, squeeze of honey, and 1 TBSP wheat germ. I start blending this and add just enough milk to get the consistentcy I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds great. I can do this... My Round Robin is tomorrow if you want to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look good! who would have thought that combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good! I need to get more protein in my three year old in the morning, this might help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds tasty to me! I wish I could get my kidlet to eat anything with oatmeal in it!

    Checkered apples are so easy! I made a tutorial here and really it's just all in the practice. It took me awhile at first but now I can produce them in seconds while half asleep

    http://bentoforkidlet.blogspot.com/search/label/How%20To%3A%20Checkered%20Apple

    ReplyDelete