Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tempt My Tummy - No Cook Peach Ice Cream

So far all of my ice cream and sorbet recipes required some kind of cooking. This Peach Ice Cream is completely no-cook and very quick. If you like sweetened condensed milk (I could drink it right out of the can), you will like this one, as you can taste a hint of it. I was afraid it might overpower the peaches but it didn't. Simple. YUM!








No-Cook Peach Ice Cream
Makes 1 1/2 quarts

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1/4 cups whole milk
4 peeled, sliced medium-size fresh ripe peaches or 1 (15.25-ounce) can peaches in light syrup, drained
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup peach nectar (I didn't have this so used juice from a can of pineapple chunks)

Whisk first 3 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Process peaches with sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir into milk mixture with peach nectar.
Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Want to win an ice cream maker (or anything else for $50 from Cookware.com)? Enter my giveaway for a $50 gift certificate! The giveaway ends tomorrow and you have a good chance at winning!

Visit Blessed with Grace for more Tempt My Tummy recipes!

8 comments:

  1. Man, your recipes are really starting to make me wish I had an ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can echo completely what The First-Year Wife said *L*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are tempting me with this one!! Yummo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely treat. I bet my girls would love this. Hope you get a chance to swing by Momtrends. Have a great weekend.

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/09/friday-food-perfect-and-healthy-blt.html

    ReplyDelete