Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tempt My Tummy - Apple Puff Pancake




Apple Season!! I love making lots of apple recipes....so I'll start with breakfast. This is a fun puffy oven pancake that will please the kids. Growing up we had a restaurant called The Panakuken House. They had these huge popover pancakes made in a cast iron skillet served with all sorts of toppings. Such novelty that is easy to replicate at home.




Apple Puff Pancake

1/4 cup butter, divided
4 eggs
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
3 TB sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat over to 400 degrees. Divide butter evenly between two 9 inch pie plates and put them in the oven to melt the butter. Rotate the pie plates until the butter coats the bottom and the sides. Beat eggs, flour, milk and salt on medium speed for about 1 minutes. arrange half of the apples in each pan. Pour half the egg mixture over the apples in each pan. Min the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the batter in each pan. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Serve with powdered sugar and/or maple syrup right away!
Visit Blessed with Grace for more Tempt My Tummy recipes!

9 comments:

  1. Yum. I have quite a few apples to use up soon, this sounds like a good option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my thats sounds yum! Do they even have U-pick apples in FL? I would love to experience that w/ Lu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! I loved the Panakuken House!!! We had one right down the street from us, and then it closed :( Where did you grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious!

    I'm having my first giveaway, come and have a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so yummy. Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love apple recipes in the fall, I also have an apple recipe today !
    This sounds so good, cant wait to try, thanks for sharing, blessings to you !

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUm!! I have lots of pears at my house... I may try to substitute. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete