Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tempt My Tummy - Roasted Eggplant Dip


Hello Everyone! We spent the long weekend at the beach (beautiful!) so there is now some catching up to do :) Last week I made hummus after reading about Michelle's hummus and it was amazing. As luck would have it, I had an eggplant (and everything else on hand) AND just received this hummus-y recipe from Everyday Foods.....yummy AND easy!




Roasted Eggplant Dip

1 large eggplant
4 garlic cloves (skin on)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons tahini
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
paprika, for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 425. Place eggplant and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet and rub with 2 tablespoons oil. Roast until garlic is soft and golden. Remove garlic and set aside. Continue roasting eggplant until soft and deflated - 20 to 25 minutes more. Let cool 20 minutes.

2. Slice eggplant open and scrape flesh into a food processor. Peel garlic and add to bowl, along with lemon juice, tahini, salt and 2 tablespoons oil. Process until smooth.

Can be refrigerated up to 2 days. Serve drizzled with more oil and sprinkle of paprika. Great on pita wedges, pita chips, or crackers.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, Baba Ghanouj.... I haven't tried it before because I'm not an eggplant person, but I've heard it's very similar to hummus. Maybe one of these days I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even purchased an eggplant....but will now because this sounds too good to pass up! Thanks! Glad you had a great weekend at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY...I love eggplant! Can't wait to try this one out. Thanks.....

    Hope you had a great time at the beach....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore eggplant, and your recipes sounds really good. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in the house who'll eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds yummy!! I've been looking for eggplant recipes since we have massive amounts of them from our garden. THanks

    ReplyDelete