Monday, May 11, 2009

Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie

Love the Pie

I don't have any pictures of this pie - it's THAT good :)


Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie
crust:
1 cup vanilla wafer cookies (about 20 cookies)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 tbl butter, melted
Cooking spray


Filling:
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (4 oz.) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz. container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 cup sliced banana (about 2 bananas)
1/4 cup chocolate sundae syrup

Crust preparation:Place cookies in a food processor, and process until finely ground. Add the cup brown sugar and butter; pulse 2 to 3 times or just until combined. Press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9" pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 deg F. for 10 minutes; cool completely on a wire rack.

Place 3/4 Cup brown sugar, cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl; beat with mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Arrange bananas in bottom of prepared (or purchased) crust. Spread peanut butter mixture over bananas; drizzle with syrup. Cover & freeze 8 hours; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.

Visit TidyMom.net for more pie recipes!

21 comments:

  1. This looks delish! I will have to try this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It sounds easy and absolutely scrumptious! So good I can't stand it! I want to go root around in the cupboards and start making it right this second...and I don't think that would be a good idea since its almost 1 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! i can't wait to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds absoolutely amazing! I love peanut butter and bananas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, If I wasn't putting myself through the torture of The 30 Day Shred......I would be making this in a heartbeat! Sounds so YUM-MEE

    ....ok, how many calories could a sliver have?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great recipe I had never heard about it but will surely try it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness - my husband would love this! He's a big banana cream pie fan and also like peanut butter. Will have to add this to my "must try" list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds awesome! Definately adding it to my list.
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my does that sound heavenly!! Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    Ohhhh, I can't wait to try this recipe!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peanut butter and bananas--sounds like a winning combination to me! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anything that includes chocolate sundae syrup is good enough for me! This looks like it would be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a great combination of flavors. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. just had to make it an even 100 followers! weird, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made this last night. There is a tiny sliver of it left and the boys are doing "rock, paper, scissors" to see who gets it. (I say split it, but I guess there is no competitive fun to be had doing it that way.)

    Super easy and yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..that does sound delicious!

    Thanks for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds delicious! I think I need to try this one out...

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh, this looks YUMMY. I love peanut butter and banana and chocolate. I will save this for a special occasion. wait, today is my blogoversary... thats a special occassion!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmmmmmm sounds sooooo good! This would be a dessert fit for Elvis! :)

    ReplyDelete