Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Cake Balls



I made these this weekend and they were a big hit. The name, however, was a topic of conversation. One guest said they reminded him of King Dons, which most of us though were named King Dongs. So after some iPhone searching, we found out that there were King Dons and Ding Dongs but never King Dongs. So our new name for the cake balls was briefly King Dong Balls....until we all had a giggle fit like a room full of middle schoolers. So fun to hang out with friends on your same maturity level!! Sorry, I digress..

So these cakes balls were great. You can use any cake/frosting/coating combo. I used Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting dipped in white and pink chocolate. My favorite were the Devil's Food cake with dark chocolate frosting dipped in dark chocolate.
Cake Balls
1. Bake a cake and let it cool. Cake mix is perfectly fine.
2. Crumble cake until very fine.
3. Mix in a tub of frosting.
4. Roll into little balls (less than 1 inch balls).
5. Refrigerate for a few hours.
6. Dip balls in chocolate.

You can add a lollipop stick before dipping (made dipping easier). They can be kept at room temperature.

Bakerella has CUTE seasonal items she makes out of cake balls HERE. You have got to go see her creations!!

9 comments:

  1. Those look so delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you call them, I bet they are good! And they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not how I remember it happening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Those look like something I want to stuff my cheeks full like a chipmunk full of. Easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks scrumptious! We did Bakerella's red velvet cake balls for Valentines. THanks for sharing!

    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made the cake balls for the cheerleaders at my daughter's school. The school colors are royal blue and white. So I used white cake dyed blue, cream cheese frosting and white chocolate to cover them. The girls cheered for more. You can made any colors out of white cake mix just try it.

    ReplyDelete