Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Two Cents....Mr. President


I just watched the swearing in of our president. How exciting! No, I did not vote for him, but I am pulling for him. I pray he can deliver on some of his promises. If you are not a supporter, it is probably time to become one. I am not talking about hopping on the bandwagon, but instead realizing that this person can unify a country, and instead of being petulant because your guy didn't win, embrace this unity. See what it can create. Obama has brought out the masses like nobody I've seen (what an amazing communicator - awesome speech, well delivered) He has gotten people excited about their country and about a change that they can bring. If everyone who has supported him will actually put their ideals into action, I do believe there can be change for the better. But if they do nothing and expect Obama to do it for them, I fear it will much of the same. That's my two cents.


Sorry for the heavy topic when the original topic was EYE CANDY....I just thought I'd share my two cents on something that was on my mind. Check out Tutu's Bliss' site for more Two Cents topics...you just might find some real eye candy :)

7 comments:

  1. I love it. PERFECT and well said. Thanks for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you have to like him...but you do have to respect him. He is good at what he does and hope that he realizes what he got himself into and can rock the white house and our country. Here's hoping for a rocking presidential term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely post.... I had the opportunity to see him here in Denver, and was just amazed. It is a great day and I look forward to what is in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100% with this post! Perfect, poignant message! GREAT post! May God bless him as he leads our nation! And may Christians unite together to do everything in their power to build better communities and a better world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well said!! I did not vote for him, But I am hoping and praying he will pull the US out of its funk!!

    I am visting you from Tu Tu's my two cent's!! and I am now one of your follower's!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drive me nuts, it lost my comment. I use The Cake Mix Bible cookbook. Elijah and I have enjoyed the recipes, and they seem cute and easy, both of which I like!
    Ok, off to watch a train documentary. I may need booze cake after this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts exactly...even as a republican. There is always too much finger pointing in politics to really have unity. To be honest, my party is hugely responsible for it.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ---Lane (Sneaky Daddy)

    ReplyDelete