Tuesday, December 16, 2008

EASY Raspberry filled Sugar Cookies


If you are able to get the prerolled sugar cookie dough at your SAMS Club or Cosco store, these cookies are too easy and often requested. They come in a package of three sheets and I can get 23 cookies out of them without rerolling the leftover dough. If you cannot get the prerolled dough, whip up your favorite dough and make them anyway! OR if you have leftovers from making cutout cookies with your kids use that. OR you can give your kids the leftovers from the prerolled dough to make shapes of their own. OR if your kids will have a fun time spooning jam use them....I could go on, but I won't. I'm already cutting into your baking time. You should just try these yummy treats!

Raspberry Sugar Cookies

1 package prerolled sugar cookie dough

A few tablespoons of your favorite jam. I use raspberry

A few sprinkles or sugar (or if you are lucky enough to have vanilla sugar)

Using a cookie cutter, cut out 15 circles on each sheet of dough - about an inch and a half diameter. Place 1/4 teaspoon of jam on top of one circle. Cover it with another circle and gently press the edges closed. You may have to adjust the amount of jam based on your dough's pliability. sprinkle the top lightly with sugar. Bake at 350 for 7 minutes or until it just starts to brown....less brown is better and makes the cookies soft.

Enjoy more great recipes at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday! They are doing a giveaway today for beautiful cookbook holder. Check it out!
I just remembered I got a huge tub of lingonberry jam at IKEA and wanted to try these cookies with them. I think the tart little berries would be a good change and my husband noted that they might not be so sweet. I'll let you know how it goes!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! My mom always makes something very similar at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like easy. Thanks for giving everyone the okay to use prerolled cookie dough!! We don't always have to make everything from scratch. ha ha. Thanks for participating in TMTT.

    ReplyDelete