Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our "MUST" for Thanksgiving

I am linking this to 12 Days lf Bloggie-mas at A Moderate Life!

Curried Cauliflower! Sounds funny but I love it. Another traditional side dish in my family that is one of my comfort foods. It's not something you would want to make all of the time (my kids won't eat it) but it's something I make on major holidays. Make it with fresh or frozen cauliflower. Make it with mild or hot curry. Make it "light" with low fat soup, cheese and mayo. Just try it, try it and you'll see...in a box, with a fox.....! You may just find it on your must-have list. You'll appreciate that it's another easy recipe :)

Curried Cauliflower

1 large head cauliflower (or 2 bags frozen)
½ tsp salt
1 can cream of chicken soup (or make-your-own cream soup concentrate, like I do!)
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp curry powder
½ cup bread crumbs
4 T melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the cauliflower into bite size pieces and steam until tender. Mix salt, soup, cheese, mayonnaise, and curry in a casserole dish. Add cauliflower. Mix well. Mix bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over the top of casserole. Bake for 30 minutes.

P.S. This is also a good after Thanksgiving meal - just add cut up turkey, and cranberries if you are feeling festive!

***Go over to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday for some more festive recipes! Enjoy~

2 comments:

  1. Wow, now this is something I have never had before.

    Happy TMTT and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. Thanks for participating in TMTT, today. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete